All of the things you need to bee the best Hosts!
- Hive Host Guide: A Guide to the Ins & Outs of Hosting at the Hive
- Find a Sub for Your Shift: Email HiveHosts@GoogleGroups.com to send an email to all of the Hosts at once
- View Host Shift Calendar: Go to your Google Calendar and click on view Hive Host Calendar. If you find a sub for your shift, please change the name on the calendar to your sub.
- Check Meeting Room Bookings
- See Calendar of Hive Events and Workshops
- Update your Hive Member Profile
- Send a message to all Hive Members on the Private Facebook Group
- Current updated list of Hive Members
- Hive Emergency Contact List
- New Member Form
HOST DAILY TASKS
- Turn on lights in the front hallway, Colony Room, downstairs lounge, and downstairs hallway.
- Unlock the front door using instructions at the Hive Host desk
- Flip the OPEN/CLOSED sign in the front window to OPEN
- Unlock the front office suite (Suite 200) using the key at the Hive Host desk
- Take the tablet and cash box out of the secret location and place near the desk
- Check the meeting room booking calendar and write any meetings on the whiteboards outside of the rooms
- Say hello to everyone who walks through the door.
- Ask everyone – members and visitors – to sign in. Members only need to sign in once per day.
- Interest in Membership: Offer to give EVERY NEW FACE that enters the door a tour of the building. Use the membership flyer and the tour cheat sheet on the Host Desk to explain the membership benefits and options.
- Signing People Up for Membership: Have them pay with cash, check, or credit card and run through the Square Register on the tablet. Then, have them fill out this Membership Agreement Form on the tablet or your computer to give us their info. You can hand them a paper copy of the House Rules or Terms & Conditions on the Host Desk; They are easier to read on paper than on the website.
- Renewing Expired Memberships: Have them pay with cash, check, or credit card and run through the Square Register on the tablet. Then, email the name of the renewed Member to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop Registration: If they are a Member, have them register on EventBrite from our website. If they are NOT a Member, tell them the perks of being a Member and if they would only like to do a 1-time workshop for $20, have them pay in person and collect their email address & name and email to email@example.com.
- Turn off lights in front hallway, Colony Room, downstairs lounge, and downstairs hallway *unless* someone is still working or an event is happening.
- Lock the front door using instructions at the Hive Host desk
- Flip the OPEN/CLOSED sign in the front window to CLOSED
- Lock the front office suite (Suite 200) by turning the lock on the back of the knob and closing the doors
- Put the tablet and cash box in the secret location.
- If the front office suite (Suite 200) doors are open, please lock them (from the inside) and close them shut.